|Title:||Receptionist - Bilingual in English and Spanish (Required)|
|Job Type:||Non-exempt (hourly)|
|Salary Range:||$12.15 to $17.76 per hour|
|Application Deadline:||Open until Filled|
The Receptionist will work in a regular, full-time (40 hours per week) position within the Rental Services department and is responsible for the reception and common areas and in providing support to all clients, partners, vendors, contractors, guests and staff of NRHA. This position works in a fast-paced environment and requires attention to detail and a high level of confidentiality.
The individual fulfilling this role must be fluent in both English and Spanish and shall be an enthusiastic, motivated self-starter with a professional demeanor. The Receptionist shall be effective, detail-oriented, team-oriented with the ability to work independently. The individual shall provide administrative and office support, maintain specialized and complex records, provide clerical support, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines while under pressure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Performance of these functions is the reason the job exists. Assigned job tasks/duties are not limited to the essential duties and responsibilities:
- Greets clients, partners, vendors, contractors, guests and staff in person or by phone
- Assists callers and visitors with corresponding information when capable, or refers them to the appropriate staff member, other resource locations, and provides information on referral services
- Assists applicants with inquiries as to their status on the waiting list and makes file modifications or places notes in the software system as necessary
- Assists applicants with entry of applications to the waiting list when waiting list is open
- Completes updates, maintenance, interest letters, and cancellations in software systems in a timely manner
- Logs all payments received from clients and any mail received in office drop box
- Receives items from delivery services; Opening, date stamping, sorting, and routing to appropriate staff members or departments; process outgoing mail; On occasion, deliver outgoing mail to post office.
- Operates computers, phones, copy machine, fax machine, postage machine and other office equipment on a regular basis
- Maintains all office equipment, makes calls for service on equipment with approval of manager
- Performs data entry and typing of correspondence, reports, etc.
- Attends trainings to keep abreast of NRHA policies and procedures as well as state and federal rules and regulations
- Ensures Area Representatives receive necessary supplies and forms in a timely manner
- Sets up new client files
- Assembles application packets
- Assists with the Housing Assistant Payments (HAP) mailing process and other mass mailing projects
- Follows all Policies and Procedures, completes tasks correctly and timely, supports the organization’s goals and values
- Uses good judgment to solve work-related problems
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time wisely
- Adapts to changing situations and environments
- Follows complex oral and written instruction, including technical manuals
- Works effectively in both a team environment and individually
- Provides ethical and respectful treatment to all people
- Reads, writes and interprets written information, uses proper English and grammar in written and oral communications and displays a friendly demeanor when working with internal and external clients; Communicates clearly and effectively when sharing information, providing assistance, meeting with management and co-workers, etc.
- Speaks fluent Spanish with the ability to interpret communications from English and Spanish and vise verse
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Punctual and dependable, arriving to work on time, and on a consistent basis, ensure duties are covered when absent, and arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions, and completes tasks on time
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, monitors own work to ensure quality, maintains accurate files and records, and is detail oriented with repetitive tasks
- Observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions, and uses equipment and materials properly
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to meet the essential duties, responsibilities and Expectations of this position.
- Any combination of training, education and experience that would provide understanding of the required knowledge and abilities. A typical way to gain the required knowledge is to possess a high school diploma or equivalent, and have a minimum of two (2) years of administrative and/or customer service experience with increasing responsibilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of the organization. Must be able to read, write and speak English. Must be able to speak Spanish and interpret between English and Spanish.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problem solving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledgeable in computer skills and programs such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat/Reader, Internet search engines (Chrome, Internet Explorer), etc.; Must have the ability to type at least 35 words per minute.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Receptionist works primarily indoors with limited travel outside of the office. The office environment consists of shared or isolated working space, with a desk located in a generally clean, climate-controlled environment with limited exposure to conditions such as dust, fumes, noise or odors. Interruptions to planned work activities occur frequently. The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. When travel is required, an agency vehicle shall be provided. May require work in confined spaces. May occasionally require an adjusted work schedule, overtime, and/or evening/weekend hours to meet deadlines.
Physical and Mental Demands:
The physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Employee must have the ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others, including supervisors, coworkers, clients, and customers. Regular and consistent punctuality and attendance are required. Employee must possess the strength, dexterity, coordination, and vision to use a computer keyboard and video display terminal for prolonged periods, to bend, stoop, sit, and stand for long periods of time, to handle files, office supplies and single pieces of paper, to occasionally lift files, stacks of paper, office equipment, small/medium-sized boxes and other materials, and to reach, bend, squat and stoop to access items above and below desk level, and load in and out of vehicles, and the manual dexterity and cognitive ability to operate a personal computer, as well as office equipment, and to communicate effectively via telephone and through email. Employee must be able to lift items, materials, supplies, equipment of up to 25 pounds, with or without the assistance of a hand truck or cart. There may be occasions that require climbing stairs while carrying materials, supplies, equipment or other items. An in-office elevator is always available for use.
In compliance with applicable disability laws, reasonable accommodations may be provided for qualified individuals with a disability who require and request such accommodations. Incumbents and individuals who have been offered employment are encouraged to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.